Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"Python's Party" by Brian Wildsmith


In this colorful story, hungry Python desires a meal, but the animals, knowing of his hunger, stay away from him. He devises a way to trick the animals into coming near him, and uses their love of fun and entertainment to get them in his belly.
Brian Wildsmith has written a number of books, and I love them all, but this book has such a strange story, and a very backward ending. I actually feel sorry for Python...he never wins.
The illustrations are beautiful, and this book is really a joy to look at. Someone handed down this book to us- thanks!
Bowden loves the tricks the animals do, but especially loves it when Elephant steps on Python's tail. Apparently he does not feel for Python the way I do.
Lucy likes to chew on this book.
(Oxford University, 1991
)

1 comment:

Griffen said...

Since I don't get to go out to book stores or libraries, or really anywhere other than the grocery store and my own front yard, this fulfills something for me. You need to keep posting.

I have an aunt who said she'd trade me books for drawings, and I have asked for five of the titles you posted here. Keep up the good work!!