Sunday, May 07, 2006

"When I Have A Little Girl" by Charlotte Zolotow, illustrated by Hilary Knight



This is the perfect book to read to crazy kids- who are more like goats than anyone with a good child can know.
I bought this book when I was 16, because it spoke to me about how I was, and I now appreciate it for what it says about my son. I think that there is a boy version of this book, but I like the wild little girl, her wild hair, and her fat belly.
Bowden gets ideas from this book.
(Harper Trophy, 1965)

2 comments:

Abigail said...

I really love this book blog, and I keep wanting to add choices of my own to your list. That's silly when I could just copy your idea and waste even more time on the computer...

sarah said...

you should!!! When I put this choice on the computer, I thought of you, entirely. This is a nice girl book.
when you start, you realize how many there are to put up- I haven't even come close to the CHILDREN's books I love- and then there are the actual book books- so many I love.
This is my favorite page to do. I'd love for you to do it too, or add on to it. It's not stealing, it's sharing.