Tuesday, April 25, 2006

"Happy Baby;Touch, Feel And Say"


There are four books in the collection I own- "Bunny and Friends," "Puppy And Friends," "Duckling And Friends," and "Kitten And Friends." I received them as a baby shower present from someone from our wonderful Trinity Presbyterian Church about a month after we began to attend.
These were the first books I read to Bowden. I'd prop him up with pillows on our bed, and read the little captions, and then move his hand to feel the textures when he was three months old. He would be attentive the entire time- he would be still and quiet and completely satisfied. I think I did it at least every other day. I read it to Lucy now, and have since she was three months old, but not as regularily as I did with Bowden. She gets diastracted if he's around, and so my time to read it without him is limited.
I don't know that I would give these books the credit for Bowden's advanced language comprehension skills, but they made it easy for us to interact at a point when he didn't do much but cryeatpoopcryeatsleepcrysmilecrysleepeateateat. I try to buy these books for new parents.
Bowden still loves these books, and has me read him the set every few days. He likes to growl at all the animals, even if they aren't growlers.

No comments: